It’s been quite a whirlwind the past few months and I finally feel like I can catch my breath. I absolutely love my little man and being a mom. There will be more to come on that, as I begin to kick start the blog again so stay tuned! In the interim, I have a ton of friends that are pregnant so I thought I would round-up a few of my favorite finds (there are many more) that have become my “go to’s” over the past two months. (Click each image for links) I look forward to sharing more content over the next few weeks as jenny chats kicks back up.
1. A babies nails grow constantly and they are always SO sharp. Manually filing them is a huge pain and this electric nail file has been amazing. It prevents the bright red face hysterics that occur when you manually file.
2. Finding the perfect bib is next to impossible but I have found one that comes close. We have many ‘pretty’ bibs however when it comes down to it this Tommee Tippee bib is probably the best. It is plain and not very stylish but it’s perfect for a little one because it comes up high on the neck. Oh and it always catches that milk dripple that can quickly ruin an outfit.
3. The swaddle. Some babies love it while others hate, my little guy was a huge fan (until now since he has found his hands). If you are anything like me and can’t manually swaddle these two options are perfect. Love to Dream makes a swaddle up where babies can sleep with the arms up and when they are ready to have their arms out the 50/50 is a great transition. Summer Infant makes velcro pre-made swaddles that you just need to pull tight (which for some reason I still can’t do…yikes).
4. I originally did not put a traditional swing on our baby registry which was a huge mistake. This has been the most amazing purchase thus far. It is large and takes up a lot of space which was why I was hesitant but now that we have it, it has been a godsend. My little guy is so in love with it and it gives me a few hours to get things done around the apartment. The mirror and mobile at the top stimulate him and allow him to entertain himself.
5. The mobile on crack. This may be one of the ugliest mobiles around however it is by far the best. They have a variety of versions for male or female and it has a variety of sounds, music, lights and ‘friends’ to entertain your little one. We don’t use this to sleep since it is so stimulating however it’s great for tummy time in the crib since it forces the baby to look up.
6. Blankets are a super popular gift so most people will get many however there are 2 that are my favorites. Butterscotch blankees makes a great gift especially the stroller size blanket. They can be personalized and customized to match whatever color scheme you like. Angel Dear is probably my favorite lightweight blanket option. They are easy to just toss under your stroller for whenever you may need a blanket. Also great to put over the stroller when you little one is napping. I found that they wear very well especially after the wash.
7. A friend of mine just introduced me to the best burp cloth. We have so many of the fashion burp cloths which are great but when we are home and just need something durable and easy- these ones by Gerber are fabulous. They wash amazing and are so thick they can be used for an entire day before having to be tossed into the wash. (Check it out – they are 6ply!)
8. Our car seat wasn’t compatible with the snap ‘n go stroller so I needed to found an option that worked and this Mountain Buggy Nano is fantastic. It’s lightweight and folds up insanely small (can even fit in an overhead compartment on an airplane). The car seat straps right on and is a super easy alternative when you don’t want to lug around a full-size stroller. It also reclines so an infant as young as 4 months old can fit right in it without an issue.